Friday, November 29, 2013

Another sleepless night

So, it's 1:30am on Friday night. We went out with a couple of our friends and had a blast.  We designated the night to "no cancer talk", and it was wonderful.

Of course, like always, I have a hard time winding down after going out.  So here I am 1:30am on a Friday night, wide awake.

and... it's still there.  The big C.  It's always still there. 

That's ok. I may not like it, but it's ok. I am trying to work at acceptance.  I bounce back and forth a lot between anger, grief, sadness, acceptance, and so on and so forth.  I suppose that's normal. 

I have a good support system, which I am grateful for. 

We go and see my therapist on Sunday. She's fitting us in on her weekend.  That meant a lot to me.

Monday morning I have my appointment with the surgeon for my consult. Then they are putting in the portacath. 

then... begins treatments.

I just wish I was started already.  I know, I know soon enough. To be honest though, this in-between stuff is driving me nuts. 

I am having coffee with a friend tomorrow (technically today.) I am looking forward to seeing her. Tomorrow night we are going out again with some friends, which will be nice. 

It seems as though a lot of what's going on lately is either emotional support - or distraction. Again, I suppose normal for where we are in the process. 

I have a feeling i'll be up for a while though. So NOT tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment