Monday, November 25, 2013

Today's the day

I met with my BFF for coffee this morning. I feel MUCH better. Today's a good day, thus far. I feel strong.

So, today's the day. I have my Oncologist appointment at 3:30pm. We find out all the results of my PETscan and Bone Marrow biopsy. We'll find out what stage the Cancer is in, if it's anywhere else in my body, and/or if it's in my bone marrow. We also will find out the gameplan: chemo and radiation schedule, how many rounds, what to expect, etc.

I met with a good friend of mine last night for dinner who works in the medical center at a large cancer hospital.  She seemed impressed with how much I have been proactive since my diagnosis, as far as getting my ducks in a row and such. I suppose I've impressed myself as well, and for now my head isn't full or reeling. I actually feel at peace today. 

Right now I'm actually thinking about my chemo bag ~ LOL. What to pack in it, etc.  I am thinking about the warmth of lots of fuzzy socks 
 

With that, I sign off for now... gonna hop in a very hot shower on this very cold and rainy day and get ready for my appointment. Peace


No comments:

Post a Comment