Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Results are in...

We were so nervous going to the Oncologist. A million things bouncing through our brains. It was a relief though, knowing we'd get some answers - and some direction.

The appointment could not have gone better.  The only thing that could have been better was for the doctor to say "ooops, we made a mistake... you actually don't have Cancer" 

So. The cancer is stage 1.  My bone marrow was clear, and there is no Cancer anywhere else in my body.

When we heard the new, my fiance and dad started crying. Surprisingly I didn't. 

The gameplan:

  • I have an appointment with the surgeon (who will be putting in my portacath) on Dec 2nd.
  • Somewhere between December 2nd and December 9th I will be having day surgery for the portacath placement
  • I see the Oncologist on December 9th 
  • Thereafter I will begin Rituxan infusions.
The first infusion will last 6 hours. After that I will be getting infusions once a week for 8 weeks. Thereafter I will get another scope to see if the cancer is responding.  After that more Rituxan infusions.  Then, hopefully I will be in remission.  The remission rate after all of that is an astounding 95%. 

I'm trying to stay in the moment, not think about the what if's... "what if I don't go into remission"... "what if it comes back..." "what if it spreads..." and so on and so forth.

Stay in the moment... be mindful of where I'm at in the here and now. 

The news was good.  The best we could have hoped for. 

It'll be a long road, but for now I am thankful. I am grateful.  I got this. Kicking Cancer's @$$ !


No comments:

Post a Comment