Thursday, November 21, 2013

Late night oatmeal and other ramblings

It's 1:20am and I woke up ravenous. I have my PETscan at 9am, so I can't eat 6 hours prior to the scan.  I'm about 7 and a half hours out, so I'm eating OATMEAL ~ YUM! 

I'm awake... and what's on my mind? I'm getting tired already of getting poked and probed at.  I talked to my BFF yesterday, as well as my therapist. I also saw another good friend and my psychiatrist. To be honest it was a long grueling day. I ended it with a massive headache and a remedy of Ibuprofen and Ativan. I'm incredibly exhausted. Like, so exhausted I do not know how I'm going to have enough energy to get through what I'm about to go through.

Everyone has been so wonderful and supportive. I'm glad to know I have people to lean on. 

So the PETscan (as well as the bone marrow biopsy I just had) will reveal both which stage of Cancer I'm in, as well as if the cancer has spread to either my bone marrow or anywhere else in my body. That's a lot to wrap my brain around, but I'm trying to stay positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment