Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Unexpected

Went to the Oncologist yesterday, and it was not what I was expecting.  We got the gameplan, as far as when I start treatments and such, and just what we're looking at: both financially and length of time.

OUCH. on both accounts

 
The financial counselor and my fiance both told me not to worry about the financial part, to just concentrate on my health and getting better. Hmmm, easier said than done.  There's a HUGE part of me that carries guilt about this. I know, I know, it's not something that was in my control, but still... Le sigh...

As far as how long this is going to take.  The bomb was: 2 years.  We were expecting 1 year, but with what they call "maintenance"  treatments, it'll be 2.  I'll have 2 breaks during those 2 years.  As well as tests, PETscans, and a couple of more endoscopies to see how the Cancer is responding.

Yesterday was an awful day emotionally, I was an emotional train wreck. Not quite sure how I'm doing today, as I just woke up and am sipping on some coffee and journaling here. 

I start treatments tomorrow. First treatment is SIX hours long. oy yoy yoy.

That's about it... Until next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment