Friday, March 7, 2014

Picking up the pieces?

The last month has been a rollercoaster of emotion, a balancing out of physical well being, and just plain seemingly crazy. 

I contracted a bad infection/abscess and dealt with that for a good two weeks.  Had to have it lanced and drained twice, once by the surgeon.  It was quite the ordeal, but thankfully it's O V E R! 

Emotionally, since ending my first round of chemo, I've been struggling. I am working on realizing that just because I 'feel' bad, doesn't mean I'm 'doing' bad.  My emotions have been all over the place, but I am grateful for my support system, plus my therapist is amazing. 

I have an endoscopy on Monday. We'll get some answers then. I'm nervous, scared, numb, confused... is the Cancer still there??? Is it responding to treatment ??? Is it gone ??? 

Then I have a PETscan in a month. 

In a way, this 'post' treatment stuff is harder then the actual Cancer. I know I still have a long way to go, best case scenario I won't be done with chemo until June of next year, but I have a feeling that emotionally I'll hit a dip each time.

Yet, I will press on...


No comments:

Post a Comment