Thursday, January 30, 2014

Funk no more

Hello world! I took a break from this blog, because quite frankly I was in a major funk. During this, time has passed and I'm happy to say that with the new year comes a break from chemotherapy!

Today is my last treatment of my first round. Whoohoo!

In 2 months I'll have an endoscopy and a PETscan to see how the Cancer has responded. In 4 months from now, I'll start my second round. Thankfully, the next 3 rounds will only be 4 weeks instead of eight.

The second half of the 1st round was rough, much rougher than the first half. But, I made it through, in part thanks to my amazing and loving supportive fiance. Tonight after chemo we are going out to celebrate.

Alot has happened over the last month, and I've had an awakening of sorts.  Mentally, to be quite honest, it was kinda hellish. Thank you to my dear therapist. She's amazing.

With that said, I'm off to chemo. I'll be back though. Peace <3

No comments:

Post a Comment